Monday, March 7, 2011

Lots of Catching up to do

My granddad, Ervin Larsen, died on the 27th of February. He had been battling prostate cancer for over 9 years. We had to drive out just past vernal to Tridell, where he was buried. Tridell is a little hick town that you can drag main street in less than 5 minutes walking. it is where my grandmother and my mother grew up.

Grandpa got a 21 gun salute at his graveside service because he spent time in the marines. He was actually on one of the boats in france at D-Day.

His favorite soda was mountain dew. We were naughty grandchildren. We used to sneak it to him even though he wasn't supposed to have it. In our hotel room after the funeral, we toasted my grandfather with a lot of mountain dew. The mortuary even let each grandkid put a can of mountain dew in his casket. That was well over 100 cans. :)


I will miss him, but I'm glad I was able to see him and visit him at the very end. He was the last og my granddads to die.
In other news, Brian and I found out that we are having a boy. We are going to name him Spencer Tyler. I am excited, and I hope that all goes well with the rest of my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment