Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sigh. So Brian got laid off. I'm very frustrated trying to figure out how we are going to pay the bills with just my income. My boss is only giving me 2 days a week, when the other leads at my store are getting 4-5 days a week still. It's not fair. I work my butt off for my company and they repay me by giving me a whole 12 hours a week.

We have no health insurance, and we have medical bills up the wazoo. Medicaid won't cover us unless we pay them $2,500 a month because we make more than the salary cap. If we made the $4,000 they say we make a month, I guarantee you that we would not be living with my parents, scraping what little we can just to get by. I'd have my own place and be able to save a thousand bucks a month. Seriously...why do they have to make it so damn difficult for everyone?

I hate being in this predicament. I'm having a baby in a little over two months and instead of really being excited, I'm dreading how much the cost is going to be now. I'm praying that he isn't early and that he is healthy and that there will be no complications. I'm tired of people saying that "you should have waited until you had insurance." We weren't expecting to get pregnant when we did; it just happened. We weren't expecting all the complications and ER visit in the beginning, either. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to be able to finally have my baby. It took us forever to get pregnant. It just seems that when something finally works out for us, crap happens to make our lives miserable. sigh. Sorry for complaining, I just needed to vent a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment